Fall 2022 Auditions
Are you an incoming or returning Georgetown student interested in auditioning for the GraceNotes? Below are some FAQs about the audition process!
Auditions: Saturday, September 10th at 3:00pm
and Sunday, September 11th at 10:00am
Please click HERE to sign up for auditions!
You will choose to come either on Saturday or Sunday
to get introduced to the group. We'll tell you a little bit
about ourselves, sing for you, warm you up, and teach you a small
excerpt of a song. This should take no more than 45 minutes total!
At the end of our intro session, you'll sign up for an individual
10-minute slot later that day for your actual audition.
The individual audition process will look like this:
1) You'll introduce yourself and take a second to collect your thoughts.
2) Our Musical Directors will take you up and down some scales to warm you up and get a sense of your range.
3) We'll do some pitch matching. MDs will play a series of notes and you'll sing them back to us (you don't need to prepare in advance for this!).
4) You'll sing the excerpt from the song we taught you along with a couple of other GraceNotes. This helps us get a sense of your blend with the group.
5) You'll sing your audition piece! Just a verse and chorus of any song you think shows off your voice will be great :) Please refrain from musical theatre.
And that's it! If you make it to the next round, you'll be notified early the following week. We'll ask you to attend callbacks and go through a similar process, singing a second song that shows off another side of your voice.
We want to make this process as easy as possible for you, so if you ever have ANY questions, please do not hesitate to contact the group or any individual members on our social media accounts or at firstname.lastname@example.org.